My last post reflecting on my two and a half years at Alberta Assessment Consortium was too much about feelings and not enough about number crunching. Here are some numbers reflective of what I did.
- Total distance driven = 39 126 km
- Total distance flown = 13 962 km
- Nights in hotels = 97 (48 this school year alone)
Far too many of the drives this winter looked like this:
With all that driving, my 160 GB iPod and its 7824 songs was my best friend.
- Most of the time I play it on shuffle mode, all songs in the queue.
- The top 25 most played is a diverse list including Adele, Biz Markie, Edwin Sharpe, Pitbull, Gwen Stefani, Leonard Cohen, Project Jan & Project Jenny, Shaggy, Mumford & Sons, Band of Horses.
- The most played song (81 plays) was Whale of a Tale by Danny Michel.
- On shuffle, a lot of songs end up coming up that I’m not in the mood for.
- The most skipped song (50 skips) was something called April Showers by Sugarland. I wonder why it’s on my iPod.
- High on both lists are Hate Me by Blue October (39 plays, 37 skips) and A- Punk by Vampire Weekend (37 plays and 37 skips)
- I worked my way through all the Freakonomics podcasts from start to finish.
Cities and Towns Visited For Work
- 29 Different Cities
- Most Visited City – Grande Prairie – 30 Days
- Second Most Visited City – Fort McMurray – 19 Days
- Closest City Visited – St. Albert (or is Sherwood Park closer?)
- Farthest City Visited – Toronto, Ontario
- 153 School Visits
- 42 Unique Schools
- Grande Prairie Composite was stuck with me the most, at 23 visits.
- 85 Coaching Visits
- 41 Different Teachers Coached
- Total, including full day, half day, and shorter – 93
- Teachers in workshops – 2017
- Unique teachers in workshops – A subset of that 2017
- Workshops in French – 5
- Most common workshop theme – Formative Assessment, of course.
- Meetings Attended – 121 (Ug!)
- Total – 43
- Total Flops – 2
Meals With Keynote Speakers
- Steve Leinwand – 1 (But it was actually the second time I dined with him)
- Cathy Lassiter – 1
- Ruth Sutton – 2
- Ken O’Conner – 1
- David Coffey – 1
- Kathryn Coffey – 1