About: John Scammell
- High school math teacher turned consultant.
Posts by John Scammell:
February 12, 2014 Radical SNAP
December 31, 2013 2013 in review
December 28, 2013 Math History
December 28, 2013 This Whole Thing is Silly
December 20, 2013 Curriculum and PISA
December 19, 2013 Grade Inflation
December 18, 2013 More Standardized Tests
December 15, 2013 Does Size Matter?
December 14, 2013 Better Teachers
December 14, 2013 State of Education
DisclaimerThe opinions expressed here are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of my employer.
Looking for WNCP Engaging Activities?The project I am working on to collect engaging activities with curricular links is over here.
Search Blog Posts
- @cornebica Frustrated. I replied with 1 tweet at 19 words. Got back 32 tweets and over 300 words. I NEED that to stop. It's stalking. 4 hours ago
- @rcraigen Mocked notion that times tables made math more fun. Did not mock concerns. I'm not who you think I am, but you don't listen. 4 hours ago
- @misterweidman It's a nice question. I'd talk to the student and see if she made a dumb mistake or if she truly mixes up SA and Volume. 16 hours ago
- @misterweidman Pretty much how you did. It's wrong. It's a beautiful SA calculation where volume was required. 16 hours ago
- @rcraigen @joe_bower @d_martin05 @websofsubstance @cuddle_fish I literally lol'ed at the first paragraph. 17 hours ago