About: John Scammell
- High school math teacher turned consultant.
Posts by John Scammell:
March 15, 2014 Alberta Educators Speaking in Support
February 12, 2014 Radical SNAP
December 31, 2013 2013 in review
December 28, 2013 Math History
December 28, 2013 This Whole Thing is Silly
December 20, 2013 Curriculum and PISA
December 19, 2013 Grade Inflation
December 18, 2013 More Standardized Tests
December 15, 2013 Does Size Matter?
December 14, 2013 Better Teachers
DisclaimerThe opinions expressed here are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of my employer.
Looking for WNCP Engaging Activities?The project I am working on to collect engaging activities with curricular links is over here.
Search Blog Posts
- @CamNotlaw I'll admit, I had to Google Bhutan to see where it was. You're a long way from Canada. 45 minutes ago
- Touch-screen PC's. Convince me I need one. 46 minutes ago
- @CamNotlaw 5. should have read "Guided Practice". 1 hour ago
- @CamNotlaw 6. Closure. Eliminate confusion and reinforce key points. 7. Independent practice. 1 hour ago
- @CamNotlaw 3. Hook. Engage them in the lesson. 4. Lesson. How will it be presented? Including feedback for students. 5. Practice. 1 hour ago